Amanda's Reviews > The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle

The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle by Haruki Murakami

Jun 05, 12

bookshelves: audio-have
Read from April 27 to June 05, 2012

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle.

04/27/2012
6.0% "well, even though i wasn't into Kafka on the Shore, I'd already gotten this from Audible so I figured i'd give it a shot. i can say that so far i do like it better"
05/20/2012
63.0% "i can say the plot is more interesting than Kafka on the Shore. much better"
show 2 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Amanda can any of you Murakami experts out there tell me which of his books has the most surreal/fantastical aspects besides this novel and Kafka on the Shore?

Amanda I want to read another by him but would like one set not so much in real life. I have really ejoyed Wind-up Bird much more than Kafka on the Shore

message 3: by Tyler (new) - added it

Tyler Lutz 1Q84 was great but definitely is grounded in reality. Weird shit happens though... weeeird shit, indeed.

message 4: by Leif (new)

Leif Wind-Up Bird Chronicle is as good as it gets with Murakami, though early books like A Wild Sheep Chase are also worth reading.

Amanda Tyler wrote: "1Q84 was great but definitely is grounded in reality. Weird shit happens though... weeeird shit, indeed."

I've been thinking about checking that one out, prob. not anytime soon tho' as 2 Murakami in a row was enough for me for awhile. he does have such a unique, interesting writing style tho'

Amanda Leif wrote: "Wind-Up Bird Chronicle is as good as it gets with Murakami, though early books like A Wild Sheep Chase are also worth reading."

Thanx for the info, the next one of his i read is going to be that one or 1Q84

message 7: by Tyler (new) - added it

Tyler Lutz 1Q84

Amanda lol, ok. i saw that A Wild Sheep Chase is book 3 in the Rat tetrology, do either of you guys know if it is a sequentil series? I'm a weird stickler for reading books in order, so I might have to start with the Rat #1 book

message 9: by Tyler (new) - added it

Tyler Lutz I haven't a clue. I just picked up Sheep Chase at Half Price Books, so hopefully I can read that one soon.