Rae Ryans's Reviews > Ember

Ember by Kristen Callihan

Apr 02, 12

Read from April 01 to 02, 2012

Ember is a prequel to Firelight, and it gives more juicy details into the story between Lord Archer and Miranda. I was pleased to review both, and you can see my original review of Firelight here.

I'll start of by saying like Firelight, Ember is also for an adult audience. There is quite steamy, descriptive love scenes, but this is why I have fallen in love with Kristen Callihan's writing. Combine this with her vivid historical settings, and it's just a clear cut winner.

In Ember we learn a bit more about Miranda, and how she came to be who she is: a thief. We also learn of why her heart was broken, and how her father continues to use her. Although she is quite a powerful and talented young woman, Miranda, still feels guilt over burning down the families livelihood.

This is a novella, and a quick and enticing read meant to drag you into the full story of Firelight. Ms. Callihan does a great job at it too. If I didn't already own Firelight, I would of ran out and bought it just to keep reading. This is an author to watch out for if you enjoy steamy historical romance!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ember.