Kristy's Reviews > Such a Rush

Such a Rush by Jennifer Echols

May 28, 12

bookshelves: i-think-you-should-read-this, realistic
Read from May 27 to 28, 2012

I have to admit that I only wanted to read this because I fell in cover-lust. Then, when I saw it was about airplanes I sort of backed away and didn't think I would be in love. But, Mrs. Echols intruiged me from the very beginning.

And, I have to add this book was perect for reading over this Memorial Day weekend, while lounging in the pool and looking at these huge, fluffy, white clouds..........

There was just something so real about these characters.
Leah: Struggled with being poor, with growing up in a trailer park, with having a very absent mother. She had trouble figuring out exactly who she was supposed to be, but she had her sights set on becoming a pilot. Leah was annoying at times, but I felt for her. She was a complex and thought proviking character for me.

Grayson: Struggled with the death of his brother and Father, with the thought of his only other brother leaving, with maintaining his Father's business, with his feelings for Leah.

Alec: We don't get to know him as well, but some information given to us later in the story really gave some insight on the questions I had. He is also going through the ache of losing 2 of his family members and trying to figure out what to do with his life. He seems so easy going and polite, but he has a lot going on behind his cool demeanor.

Molly: The most annoying rich best-fried on Leah got on my nerves. She has a big mouth and feelings for someone that she should have just been honest about in the beginning.

Honesty. A simple little word that these characters needed to use. They all mostly had good intentions, but some kind of backwards ways of showing they care.

Swoon over Grayson with me and read this one.
Root for the Rags-to-Riches, stubborn, goal-oriented Leah and read this one.

4 stars

definitely curious about this author.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Such a Rush.

05/27/2012 page 88
28.0% "loving this, so far!!!" 2 comments

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (new)

Sarah I read and enjoyed both Forget You and Going to Far by Echols. Neither one is going to be the best book you've ever read, but the appeal factor was high and I've made some recommendations. The fact that I read two books by the same YA author speaks volumes. I am going to put this on my to read list too. Thanks!

~Tina~ Yay's!! So glad you liked this Kristy:) Grayson owned this one. He's yum:D lol Great review!!

Kristy Hmmmmmm, I'm going to have to look into those sarah..... Echols has a very readable writing style..

Lol Tina! Street corner has been treating me very good :)

♥Rachel♥ Kristy, your review has me so excited about this one!! Excellent! I love rags-to-riches stories and I can't wait to meet Grayson!! Yay! :)

Kristy it's on it's way to you Rachel (yesterday)

I will be (im)patiently waiting for your review ;)

♥Rachel♥ Lol Kristy! Thanks for sending it on. I can't wait to see your notes. :)

♥Rachel♥ I just wanted to let you know Kristy, I got this in the mail a couple of days ago. Thank you! I'm going to start it this weekend. :)

Kristy Have Fun!!! I hope you love Leah!!

~Tina~ Grayson! I hope you love Grayson! Hehehehe! <3

Kristy or Leah and Grayson....

Kristy MUHAHAHAHAH< that's my evil laugh

~Tina~ LOL! Leah and Grayson works too;-) Muahaha!

♥Rachel♥ Here I go with Grayson....and Leah. Lol! :)

Kristy :)