Mia's Reviews > Girl Walks into a Bar . . .: Comedy Calamities, Dating Disasters, and a Midlife Miracle

Girl Walks into a Bar . . . by Rachel Dratch

Apr 12, 12

Read from April 01 to 12, 2012

One of the better comedy memoirs that I've read in a while. I read it cover to cover on a flight today and had to suppress a few chuckles while me seat mates squirmed uncomfortably. Dratch is such a grounded person that it makes it all the more satisfying that she's found a comedy career. Her likable personality makes this whole book a ton of fun to read. I appreciate her humor and wit and her roll-with-the-punches spirit, not to mention her grasp on the reality of Hollywood. Instead of being bitter and angry that she's not the "funny best friend" in every movie, she gracefully navigates the show business reality that she's going to be offered more narrow roles (lesbian old ladies) and I appreciate her acceptance of it rather than raging against it.

I sincerely hope to see more of Dratch in the future and I solemnly swear that if I ever meet her in person NOT to ask about "what happened with 30 Rock." ;)
15 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Girl Walks into a Bar . . ..