Maggie's Reviews > Tiger Paw

Tiger Paw by Charles A. Cornell

Apr 05, 12

Read from April 03 to 05, 2012

I received this e-book free for me to review.

To sum up this book, it is a haunting unnerving story that has the effectiveness to keep you hooked until you come to its conclusion.

The synopsis of the story outlines the bases of this read. It gives you insights into wall street scam and the corruption of several billionaires. FBI Special Agent Scott Forrester has spent six months trying to solve the murders of some of these powerful men. These murders are by the same killer, a sanskrit message (ancient language of India from Hindu scriptures) is written in the victims blood and a tiger paw print is the signature of the killer which is found by the bodies.
Scott turns to criminal psychologist Dr. Rajeev Chandra for some answers, he takes Scott and his partner to The Freer Gallery and their he explains about Hinduism and about the demonic East Indian devil cult, known as the temple of Dvaipa. Demon Goddess. This is the path Scott starts to follow which leads to some major consequence in his job and on a more personal level when the sadistic killer is exposed.

It has some quirky scenes through out the book. The murders take place from California all the way to the Bahamas. Some interesting characters, Jamie Forrester, Scott's younger brother who served as sniper for Army Rangers in the Iraqi war and is now crippled from waist down. He is a computer programmer and has some compelling friends. Scott worries about him and I kept hoping through out book that he wasn't going to become a victim. Titus Griffin, Scott's boss was a pompous ass but I actually liked him. Not sure why but I did.

This story is slow paced, but like I said its so engrossing that you just can't leave it alone.
I would recommend this book to anyone who needs to read about a riveting plot which sets it apart from your usually crime fiction with its evil side of Hinduism.
I will be reading the next book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tiger Paw.