Mitchii's Reviews > Through the Ever Night

Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi

Dec 23, 12

bookshelves: young-adult, auto-favorites, dystopian-post-apocalyptic, fantasy, romance, science-fiction, 2012-reads, all-time-favorites
Read from December 12 to 13, 2012

Not in a million years did I think that I will be able to read this book in advance. I’m patiently waiting in the sidelines, envied those who have read it (or those currently reading it). But when the opportunity came I immediately grabbed it. I’m so excited to devour every page of this book. I so wanted to know more about Aria and Perry (most especially Perry, and Roar). And oh my, what a great reading adventure it was. Many characters shine. Events unfolded that put me on the edge of my seat. One thing I can assure you, Through the Ever Night is a great follow up. You wouldn’t be disappointed.

The story quickly picked up where it left with Perry being the new Blood Lord of the Tides. But being one comes with huge responsibility on his shoulder. He had dreamed of being one ever since he was a kid but he felt completely surreal now that he is an actual blood lord. Aria on the other hand has an agenda of her own. She had another reason why (aside from Perry) she was out there again. She needed to save Talon. And in order to save him they must search for the Still Blue. She thought this was their only chance. Not only the pressure of their individual tasks and their new roles but there also other things that came between their relationship.

There so many things happened in this book. Things that I didn’t expect that greatly surprised me. But one of the things I really appreciate was finally I knew more about the Aether than I have in the first book. The information was sufficient for me to truly understand what kind of world they are living. This is one of the things I was complaining in Under Never Sky , so I'm glad that lack of information was remedied already (and probably more to reveal).
““But it’s not just the two of us anymore.” He has responsibility to the Tides, and she had her own pressure.”
Perry and Aria are not just lovers, couple. They are two different individuals who have characters of their own. I liked that they don’t need to depend on their partners or story didn’t need to rely heavily on the romance to make the book interesting. Each has their own goals, mission to do and this is where the story mostly revolves. I’m not gonna deny that I also greatly enjoyed the romance and rooting them like crazy fangirl that I am, but it’s just one of the aspect I loved about the entire story. There’s more to them that keep you interested.

Ah, Roar, Roar, Roar! How I loved thee. Let me count the ways. I think the person who shines so much in this sequel was Roar. While I embarrassingly admit that I first thought him as another love interest but so glad that he didn’t end up being one. I really liked him and Aria’s relationship as friends. You know it is platonic but you can feel their emotional connection. And the guy’s raw emotion after what happened to Liv left me devastated for him as well. I don’t have that any strong feelings for Liv but I was still sad about it.

Even though I knew a lot of things happened I still felt inadequate by the events. I was eager for more. I was sad that I came to the last page. Meaning I have reached the end and it’s going to be another long wait again. But I’m pretty sure the time I’ll spend waiting is all worth it. And I can’t wait.

4.5/5

I received an eARC from HarperCollins via Edelweiss. Thank you.

Pre-reading:
after The Indigo Spell, cover reveal, yummy Adrian Another hot guy on the cover! Oh my, Perry is hunkalicious!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Through the Ever Night.

12/12/2012 page 1
0.0% "Early Christmas gift. Wait for me Perry, I'm coming!!!!"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Carie I'm SO jealous!!! I CANNOT WAIT for this one!!

Mitchii Carie wrote: "I'm SO jealous!!! I CANNOT WAIT for this one!!"

Just less than a month before it is officially released. So far, it's really good. ;)