Lady Wesley's Reviews > Surrender of a Siren

Surrender of a Siren by Tessa Dare

Apr 01, 2012

bookshelves: public-library
Read on April 13, 2012

The first half of this book gets a 3 and the second half a 5, thus the 4-star rating.

Sophia Hathaway's voyage to Tortola on the Aphrodite takes up the first half, as she and our hero, Benedict "Gray" Grayson, struggle with their attraction to one another. The journey is loooong, and when the ship becomes becalmed the story does as well. I almost put the book into the DNF category.

Things pick up, however, when the action moves to another ship, and the lovebirds give in to their passion. More developments await in Tortola, (view spoiler)

Both Sophia and Gray learn a lot about themselves and each other. The proverbial motley crew and Gray's black half-brother, Joss, contribute interesting side stories, and I'm sorry that Joss didn't get his own book.

I expect I'll move on to the final installment, where Sophia's jilted groom makes a revenge play for Gray's innocent young sister.

This is an enjoyable read, but not nearly as entertaining as Tessa Dare's Spindle Cove books.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Surrender of a Siren.

04/13/2012
45.0% "It takes eight long weeks from England to Tortola. And we're not even half way there yet. Too little action."
04/13/2012
45.0% "The ship is becalmed, and so is this story."