Caro's Reviews > Angelfall

Angelfall by Susan Ee

Apr 27, 12

bookshelves: angels, dystopia-post-apocalypse, read-2012, young-adult, own-ebook, ov, awesome-sauce-with-extra-sauce
Read from April 13 to 21, 2012

A friend of mine recommended this book to me and reading the synopsis told me that it could be very, very good. I mean, post-apocalypse AND angels? Definitely two of my favorite genres! And yeah, I really liked it.

Penryn as the heroine in this story was very likeable. She was tough and knew what risks this post-apocalyptic world held. She also knew what she wanted and she would do everything to rescue her sister.

Even her ~relationship with Raffe was nice. She knew that he actually was her enemy but the two of them came to an arrangement because both of them wanted something. The helped each other, always knowing that this was only to reach their purposes.

And then there is Raffe. I really liked this guy. Even though the angels in this story were evil – I mean, really evil^^ – Raffe was one of them to like. He lost his wings (reading this scene made me stop breathing *lol*) and wanted to get them back. At first he struggled if he should do this together with Penryn but in the end he did. The two of them were really great together!

Concerning the possible non-existent romance part in the book … Well, in Angelfall there really was very few but I don’t know if there would be something in the next books. It’s difficult to say because there was definitely something between Penryn and Raffe. But maybe this was wishful thinking xD

The plot was good and there were only a few scenes that were a little boring. Well, that’s my opinion, because sometimes I wondered if there would happen anything else than walking, sleeping and hiding.

What annoyed me a little more was in the end, no one knows more than Penryn. There were too little explanations. Raffe was not a guy who talked much and he answered very few of Penryns questions.

The ending itself was also a little weird. The only question that is still stuck in my head is “WHY?” I’m looking forward for book two, perhaps with this one I will know more. I’m curious what this is all about with Raffe ;)

What I also didn’t really understand was the thing with Penryn’s mother (and her sister as well ;)). But I think that they will play a bigger role in the upcoming books.

4 of 5 stars!

(I hope the review isn’t too weird *lol*)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Angelfall.

04/13/2012
3.0% "Just read the first chapter but I think this book will be great :)"
04/14/2012
20.0% "scary but awesome." 1 comment
04/15/2012
26.0% "I like Raffe xD"
04/16/2012
41.0% "o______O"
04/18/2012
52.0% "Finally, they escaped. The camp was weird oO"
04/19/2012
61.0% "Somehow this book seems to go on forever without any serious action. A little annoying but I will go on reading ;)" 2 comments
04/20/2012
71.0% "This guy makes me want to slap and kiss him at te same time *lol* But finally it's getting serious in the story :D"
04/21/2012
100.0% "Done. The ending was ... oO I don't know what to think about it but my review will come soon ;)"