Brittney Musick's Reviews > The Truth About Forever

The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen

Aug 18, 08

bookshelves: books-i-own, audiobook, favorites, ebook, 1-young-adult
Read in January, 2008, read count: 5+

I'd only read one other story by Sarah Dessen before I decided to give this book a try. Like Just Listen, I found myself enchanted by the story of the protagonist, Macy Queen. All of the characters were so vivid and unique that it was hard not to find myself wishing I knew people like Wes, Bert, Delia and Kristy. The story centered around Macy's struggle to deal with the loss of her father, and her pain was evident throughout, and watching her grow from the strict routine and role she's set up for herself to play was wonderful. Seeing her blossom from someone who was completely miserable into someone who was finally happy was great to see. I found myself unable to stop reading this book, turning the pages without pause wanting to know exactly what was going to happen. It certainly wasn't a disappointment, and if Sarah Dessen wasn't one of my favorite author's before, she certainly is now.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Truth About Forever.

Quotes Brittney Liked

Sarah Dessen
“There is never a time or place for true love. It happens accidentally, in a heartbeat, in a single flashing, throbbing moment.”

Sarah Dessen
“It's all in the view. That's what I mean about forever, too. For any one of us our forever could end in an hour, or a hundred years from now. You never know for sure, so you'd better make every second count.”

Sarah Dessen
“It's just that...I just think that some things are meant to be broken. Imperfect. Chaotic. It's the universe's way of providing contrast, you know? There have to be a few holes in the road. It's how life is.”

Sarah Dessen
“I like flaws. I think they make things interesting.”