Mary's Reviews > These Girls

7019724
Jun 03, 12

bookshelves: first-reads, kindle-not-available, books-i-own
Read from May 30 to June 02, 2012

I really enjoyed this book, it was a pretty quick read, perfect for when you need a chick-lit pick-me-up. The book follows two roommates who both work at a magazine called Gloss. Cate is struggling with a new promotion and her evolving relationship with her mother, and Renee is struggling to get a promotion and attract the attention of a guy who writes for another magazine. When his sister, Abby, suddenly appears after leaving her job Trey turns to Cate and Renee to help her recover the stressful events.

Abby's and Renee's stories were both interesting and sad, though they both turned out ok in the end. While Cate was my favorite character, I thought her story was a little boring and farfetched. Overall though it reading through their struggles was enjoyable enough. The story was a bit cliched, but I honestly look for that in chick-lit. I guess I have a soft spot for 'fluffy' stories ;)

Overall, a decent story, if a bit boring and cliched in some places and farfetched in others. I would have liked an epilogue to help tie up the story, but there is enough conflict for the future if the author chose to write a sequel.

As a note, thank you to the publisher for providing me a free copy through Goodreads Firstreads Giveaway!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read These Girls.

05/30/2012 page 79