Hsiau Wei's Reviews > The Woman He Loved Before

The Woman He Loved Before by Dorothy Koomson

Apr 05, 12

bookshelves: books-read-in-2012
Read from April 01 to 05, 2012

I have been on look out for this book since the day i know it is released but i was holding back because i want to get it in the form of an ebook. I was ecstatic when i get to purchased the book via Booksonboard. I read all the author's book and not once have she dissappointed her reader. So, i know, this book will not be an exception. One can just imagine how the high my expectation of the book is and i am glad that i picked this book to read ;)

From the beginning, with a title such as this, i am expecting to read that Jake is mentally unsound and that he was responsible for the death of Eve. It is not helping when the story is pointing at him for the wrongdoings. I find i can relate easily to Libby's character; her curiosity and confusion make her wanting to find out the event leading to Eve's death. It was in my mind, that Jake is the cause of it and it is now Libby's turn to have the same fate as Eve. It was never in my mind, it was going to be otherwise and the ending of the book, was not something that i am expected.

Overall, this book is really good; in terms of plot and characters and very engaging to read albeit rather long at time. I truly enjoyed reading it and was rather sad when i reached the last page of the book;
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Woman He Loved Before.