Max Bolongaita's Reviews > The Firebrand

The Firebrand by Marion Zimmer Bradley

Apr 01, 12

Read in October, 2003

I read this when I was in High school. I accidentally came across the Hardbound version of it tucked somewhere obscurely in the fiction section.

Immediately after the first few pages I knew I was in love and it was magical since I was already a Greek Myth die-hard at the time and I fancied the Amazon women (being from an all girls institution) this book just...well it took my breath away. Marion Zimmer Bradley is a fantastic writer. I laughed, cried and felt the pain of Kassandra and the people around her.

It is one of my favourite books and I read it thrice in a row. Its almost been 10 years since I last read it and I still recall the story vividly as if I had just read it.

I am trying to find an actual copy with no success so if you do see this book, buy it and keep it. Its pure gold.

Also, we watched the movie Mists of Avalon which was also based on the book by the same writer. Pretty good stuff. Looking for a copy. Can't wait to read more.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Firebrand.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Leonora You can buy it in ebook format! Check ibooks if you have an iphone. Otherwise try noo or kindle.

Leonora I mean nook

message 3: by Max (new) - rated it 5 stars

Max Bolongaita Leonora wrote: "You can buy it in ebook format! Check ibooks if you have an iphone. Otherwise try noo or kindle."

Hey! I found a copy on better world books. I also got it in mobi for my kindle. This book is awesome. :)