Jim's Reviews > String Bridge

String Bridge by Jessica Bell

Apr 01, 12

Read in November, 2011

Melody, an Australian living in Greece, decides she wants it all: to combine who she used to be with who she is now. She's ready to pick up her guitar again and play gigs as well as pursue a chance to further her editorial career while being a wife and mother. Yet nothing is life is ever so simple. Jessica says: I wrote String Bridge because I wanted to break into the women's fiction market and steer it away from the stereotypically glorified woman that is most commonly portrayed today. Not every woman is inspirational to others. Not every woman can leave their comfort zone to better their future. But, so what? Does that mean a less strong-minded woman doesn't have an interesting story to tell? Definitely not.

In a recent blog post, amidst a load of other questions about the forthcoming release, Jessica asked: “Are people really being honest when they post a positive review of my book or am I just being humoured?” When I wrote the review on my blog there were nine 5-star ‘reviews’ and three 4-stars; nothing less. I don’t give stars on my website (and a part of me is reluctant to give them here because they can be misleading) but this is not a 5-star novel. It’s also not a 1-star novel so don’t start thinking this is a badly-written, poorly constructed book because it is not, far from it. It is, however, her first novel and the only place is up.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read String Bridge.