Angie ~aka Reading Machine~'s Reviews > Bared to You

Bared to You by Sylvia Day

Mar 31, 2012

Read from January 11 to 12, 2013

I've wondered what all the hype was about for this novel. Many of my friends either loved it and compared it to Fifty Shades of Grey or hated it for the same reasons. I can honestly say that this book for doesn't have Fifty Shades of Grey feel for it that was all the hype. I found that this book deals more honestly with issues of trauma and abuse that Fifty Shades of Grey does not. To answer the question have I really read Fifty Shades of Grey Trilogy~yes I have and love them for different reasons. For me, the author deals with the issues of trauma and abuse differently than most would have that's coming from personal experience. Any other author would have treated the subject with a lax hand but Ms. Day didn't use a lax hand in dealing with the subject. Ms. Day has been a favorite author of mine since being introduced to her works in Eve of Darkness. Her works become apart of my must buy lists for years now. Here are my thoughts:

Eva Tramell is a survivor that takes a no nonsense approach to life and her job. She's a recent transplanet from San Diego to New York City. She wants to test her timeline for getting to work by walking from her apartment to the office in the Crossfire building. When she helps a woman retrieve contents of her purse from the lobby floor, she's stunned by tall, dark, and dangerous standing in front of her. Eva is struck by force of tall, dark, and dangerous's personality that she can't stop thinking about it. Eva loves working with her boss Mark and how much he's teaching her about ad business. They get along famously and thensome. When Eva crosses paths with tall, dark, and dangerous after Mark's important business meeting Eva finally gets a name to go with the face Gideon Cross. Gideon Cross can't get Eva Tramell off of his mind and he plans to make sure she feels the same way he does~hot and bothered. Gideon has never met anyone like Eva before but she doesn't like his means to aprroach her at all. Eva tells Gideon that she won't be used to get himself off period no matter how attractive the package is. Gideon doesn't know what to make of Eva's statement except that he wants her to change her mind. Eva refuses to give him an inch which frustrates and fascinates him at the same time. Can Gideon change? Will Eva give in? Can they be a couple? Your answers await you in Bared to You.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bared to You.