Courtney's Reviews > Dark Desires After Dusk

Dark Desires After Dusk by Kresley Cole

Jun 25, 12

bookshelves: fantasy-romance
Read from March 30 to 31, 2012 — I own a copy

** spoiler alert ** Alright, so I've noticed I have a tendency to give books 4 stars.

Sorry, it's not my fault if I think 3's are too low and most books don't deserve 5's!

So...Kresley Cole. Who couldn't love anything she's written? She's a romance novel GODDESS! This book was no exception to her seductive genius. These characters were also an extreme pleasure to read about.

First off, Cadeon was another I-want-to-fuck-your-brains-out hero. He had the whole possesive sexiness down to a science. And Holly? Suprisingly I didn't find myself annoyed at her antics. I thought they were cute, just as Cadeon did. Holly has OCD, and I liked reading more about the disorder. It also made me appreciate all the research Cole most have done to be able to write from someone's point of view that has OCD. Holly was refreshingly independent, as all of Cole's female heroines are, with just the right amount of insecurities and imperfections.

I found myself guessing that Tim was actually Groot. I thought that maybe he knew she was the Vessel and found a way to get into her life and make her love him so he could eventually seduce her and impregnate her with the ultimate evil without her refusal. I did not like this hypthesis and I was dreading my prediction coming true.

Thank God it didn't. Cole knows what her readers want. I wanted a semi-sexy evil bad guy that someone gets to kill before the end. I got what I wanted!

YAY!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dark Desires After Dusk.