Jennie's Reviews > Rescue

Rescue by Anita Shreve

Sep 18, 12

bookshelves: fiction, i-own, read-in-2012, read-in-september
Read from September 15 to 18, 2012

** spoiler alert ** The only thing that bumped my review to two stars is my pregnant emotion at the later half of the story.

Being married to a medic I thought this would be a good read. Wrong. So many liberties were taken with real life situations and the medical/legal aspects.

Not to mention how the big accident result isn't even possible. The baby was at least two so she would have been in a convertible carseat so to not strap the seat into the car the baby would been on the floor on the first turn she took. Then factor in the size of a convertible seat and there's no way it could have been ejected from a window. Not possible.

And then on a parental note - the kid ends up in a coma related to an accident while drinking and he gives her a gift days after she wakes up to NYC for her and her BFF without parental supervision???? parenting FAIL

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rescue.

09/17/2012 page 96
33.0% "Reading a book about a paramedic when you happen to be married to one is not such a wise idea."
09/18/2012 page 155
53.0% "This is SO not the book to be reading right now. But I'm only 130 or so from the end so I'll keep plugging away."