Sam's Reviews > Carved in Bone

Carved in Bone by Jefferson Bass

Mar 31, 2012

bookshelves: mystery
Read in July, 2007

This is the first book in the Body Farm series, however, I read it after I had read #2-Flesh and Bone. There are major reference and plot development in Flesh and Bone coming out of this book that I found it necessary to read Carved in Bone to appreciate the events of book #2. I would recommend this series, particularly if you like CSI and medical dramas (You need to start with book #1, unlike me).

Dr. Brockton runs the Body farm at the University of Tennessee. The Body Farm is a unique research environment that studies the decay of the human body in every imaginable scenario. When a female mummified body is found in the caves of the Appalachian Mountains, Dr. Brockton is called in to uncover the identity and mystery surrounding this 30 year old body. Dr. Brockton finds that it isn't going to be as simple as just working the body, he will have to do battle with the small closed off community of Cooke County Tennessee, that doesn't appreciate old wounds being opened and even less strangers coming around asking questions.

A great forensic mystery, Jefferson Bass is a gripping pair of authors (Dr. William Bass and Jon Jefferson)and write on a subject they know...half of them founded the real Body Farm.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Carved in Bone.