Megan Winget's Reviews > Written on Your Skin

Written on Your Skin by Meredith Duran

Mar 31, 12

bookshelves: romance-favorites

** spoiler alert ** I'm marking this as a spoiler, because the chief enjoyment of this book is the writing.

Some favorite quotes:

p. 108:
If he thought to intimidate her through snobbery, he would have to revise his strategy. "In fact, I'm rather old-fashioned. Traditionally, we New Yorkers don't acknowledge foreign titles." / "I see," he murmured. "How awkward for you."

p. 112
He paused, studying her. "Or to anyone. And I did not mean that I lack memories, Miss Masters. It was a figure of speech only." / "Oh!" She giggled. "A figure. Really, sir. You must not think me a loose woman simply because of these unusual circumstances." / he made a choking sound. She gasped. Leaning forward, she cried, "If you cannot breathe, flap your hands!" / The advice seemed only to exacerbate his respiratory ailment. She moved onto his bench and began to pound his back, more enthusiastically, perhaps, than a doctor would recommend. It felt good to hit him."

p. 113
"Well, really sir! As the saying goes, a thought or a meal left half complete ends the battle in defeat!" / He caught his breath. "By God," he said, and clapped a hand to his mouth. A laugh slipped out through his fingers. He really did have remarkable eyes, dark and thickly lashed, and when he was amused, they looked deceptively kind. "Did you make that up on the spot? Did you?"

p. 187
No, of course it hadn't. He found himself wishing it had. She was, without a doubt, against all odds, quite obviously and all of a sudden, the most unlikely and extraordinary woman he'd ever met.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Written on Your Skin.