Cheri's Reviews > Encrypted

Encrypted by Lindsay Buroker

Apr 02, 12

Read from March 31 to April 02, 2012

The worst part about finishing this book is knowing that there currently aren't any more Lindsay Buroker titles out there for me to read. ;( She has definitely got the formula down: a strong, intelligent female, who has to solve some problem, but lack some important skill to do so. Insert a handsome, oh-so masculine, and of course wildly-talented-in-the-area that she needs man. The main problem with this guy is that he is usually toting some major secret that will cause the woman problems along the way. In Encrypted, our female lead is a professor (a philologist to be exact) who decrypted messages during the war. Now, the "other side" needs her for a project and she's been kidnapped and pressed into service. There is another prisoner on board her ship, however, and he may just be the perfect ally to help her escape? I appreciated the links between Encrypted and the Emperor's Edge series, since there were a lot of new names and races, etc.(even a very young Sicarius makes an appearance!), and I didn't want to have to learn a whole new vocabulary (which is one of the reasons I dislike fantasy).
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Encrypted.