Di's Reviews > Mine

Mine by Mary Calmes

Mar 31, 2012

bookshelves: contemp, gay-romance, ir, afro-cuban
Read in March, 2012

** spoiler alert ** Typical Mary Calmes, kind of mess of a story. Normally, I don't care for her contemporaries, because of all the unbelievable parts, but this one was fun in a campy, soap opera-y way. Despite all it's faults it was really quite charming...if you didn't think about it too much.

Landry was a mess and I'm not sure how healthy he & Trevan's relationship was -- Trevan plucks the pass-around-party-bottom from a party and they start living together and it's the true love forever and ever. Landry has all sorts of mental issues, but they are handled without therapy or meds. Trevan is just that good.

Trevan, everyone loves him, wanted to be friends with him, had the prefect family, etc... Except, oh yeah, he's a criminal (part of organized crime). I had to laugh when they were in Vegas and he intruded on another bookie/runner and show him how to do his job (even emailed him a spreadsheet to keep track of his collections). I'm pretty sure that would never happen..ever, but it's Mary Calmes, so it does.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mine.