Dawn's Reviews > A Clash of Kings

A Clash of Kings by George R.R. Martin

F_50x66
Apr 25, 12

Read from April 01 to 25, 2012

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Clash of Kings.

Quotes Dawn Liked

George R.R. Martin
“A woman's life is nine parts mess to one part magic, you'll learn that soon enough...and the parts that look like magic turn out to be the messiest of all.”

George R.R. Martin
“People often claim to hunger for truth, but seldom like the taste when it's served up.”

George R.R. Martin
“If you need help bark like a dog." - Gendry.

"That's stupid. If I need help I'll shout help." - Arya”

George R.R. Martin
“I will hurt you for this. I don't know how yet, but give me time. A day will come when you think yourself safe and happy, and suddenly your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth, and you'll know the debt is paid.”

George R.R. Martin
“I am loyal to my beloved Joffrey. (Sansa)

No doubt. As loyal as a deer surrounded by wolves. (Tyrion)

Lions, she whispered without thinking.”

“Valar Morghulis.”

George R.R. Martin
“They'll kill for that knighthood, but don't ever think they'll die for it.”

George R.R. Martin
“I want to make my kingdom beautiful, to fill it with fat men and pretty maids and laughing children. I want my people to smile when they see me ride by, the way Viserys said they smiled for my father. (Daenerys)”

George R.R. Martin
“Viserys sold my mother's crown, and men called him a beggar. I shall keep this one, so men will call me a queen. (Daenerys)”

George R.R. Martin
“Tears, she said scornfully to Sansa as the woman was led from the hall. The woman's weapon, my lady mother used to call them. The man's weapon is a sword. And that tells us all you need to know, doesn't it?”

George R.R. Martin
“You little fool. Tears are not a woman's only weapon. You've got another one between your legs, and you'd best learn to use it. You'll find men use their swords freely enough. Both kinds of swords.”

04/03/2012 page 196