Philip's Reviews > Above Ground

Above Ground by Don Easton

Apr 03, 12

Read from March 31 to April 02, 2012

I enjoyed reading "Above Ground", the 2nd Jack Taggart Mystery and I intend to read the 3rd one - "Angel in the Full Moon" but I don't think this one was as exciting a read as the 1st - "Loose Ends". It didn't leave me quaking and searching for a "Comic Relief" read as did that one!
I find that, usually, in a series the author allows the characters to develop and mature and their environment to become more familiar if not realistic. This, of course, is why I always advocate reading a series in order, if at all possible. I didn't get that feeling here. While Jack certainly has become more human and has a more sympathetic nature there is just something about the other characters, the settings and the story that somehow doesn't feel just right.
And the story line is just so implausible and improbable as to make it almost impossible!
And do all police forces like the LAPD's IAD and the RCMP's ACU spend more time and money trying to prove that Harry Bosch or Jack Taggart are "dirty cops" than they do actualling trying to catch criminals??
Anyway it was still a decent read and I'll sure try the next one.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Above Ground.

0.0% "Just Starting!"
33.0% "Just finished Chapter 14. This one was kinda slow starting but now I had to force myself to shut it down and go to bed!!!"