P.A. Lupton's Reviews > Succubus Blues

Succubus Blues by Richelle Mead

Mar 31, 12

bookshelves: favourites
Read on March 31, 2012

Wow, this book starts out with a bang—and I do mean that literally. Sorry, that was a bad pun but I couldn’t help myself as I sit here snickering immaturely. Seriously though, this was a fantastic book. What is a Succubus you may wonder, it is a female demon who feeds on the souls and life force of men through sexual intercourse. I never thought I would like a novel where I’m rooting for the side of evil, but I love that Richelle Mead totally changed the way I perceive the “Bad guy”. It’s like all the lines between good and evil were blurred: The good guys were the characters I didn’t like, and I questioned whether the bad guys—who were supposedly evil –were evil at all.

I love Georgina—she’s my kind of heroine. She’s not the toughest demon on the block but she is the sassiest. She’s smart and witty and surprisingly considerate for a demon. Seth was a really great character too, and I absolutely love how he signed her book. I can’t wait to see more of these characters.

4 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Succubus Blues.

Quotes P.A. Liked

Richelle Mead
“What were good and evil, really, but stupid categories? Stupid categories
that restricted people and punished or rewarded them based on how they responded to their own natures, natures they really didn't have any way to control.”
Richelle Mead, Succubus Blues

Shannon These books are in my top 5 fav... I am so in love with Seth..

~V~ LOVED this series! It gets better and better with each book!!! :)

Sheree I'm glad you liked it. Like I said before this was my first adult P/N book that I ever read & lol was I shocked. Going from VA to Succubis? lol I got a HUGE shock lol I couldn't stop reading them though & I loved them all

Spgmt *Paula* I have just started the series today after a recommendation from your self quite a while ago. I am looking forward to getting into the series.

Sheree recommendation by me or P.A.? Paula, get into it, this series is awesome. I wish I had had you guy's to discuss it with when I read them. I've been thinking about you & Kazzy, how're you guy's doing, you ever get your tattoo's?

Spgmt *Paula* Sorry Sheree, I wasn't clear, I was reommended months ago by P.A. Both Kazzy and I are really good Thanks, I will message you. How are you all? have not been on the kick thread for what feels like forver.