Laura's Reviews > Tangled Tides

Tangled Tides by Karen Amanda Hooper

Mar 31, 12

bookshelves: books-reviewed-for-readers-favourit, recieved-to-review
Read in March, 2012

During a hurricane, a mysterious stranger tells nearly 18 year old Yara to wish for him to take her somewhere safe. The next thing Yara knows she is waking up underwater, as a mermaid. In a world full of mythical creatures, Treygan, who is the stranger responsible for turning Yara into a mermaid, and his half-brother Rownan- a selkie, both believe that Yara is the key to saving each of their races. As Yara starts to fall for her merman protector Treygan, she slowly begins to realise that things may not be as simple as originally thought. She will learn that her whole life has been a lie, and she will discover her destiny.

I absolutely loved this book! It was impossible to put down from start to finish. When I read the description for this book I thought “mermaids? Hmmm…..” but I decided to give the book a chance and I am so glad I did. It is a truly original book; I have never read anything like it before. The plot twisted and turned and was interwoven with the most fantastic characters, I loved Yara’s spirit, and Treygan was just amazing. The mythology and background to the story was well planned out, as were all the mythological creatures; mermaids, selkies, sirens and gorgons all feature in this fantastic book. A one of a kind book, one of my favourites so far this year and definitely a must read.

Reviewed for readers favourite

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tangled Tides.