Jerry's Reviews > Shaman's Crossing

Shaman's Crossing by Robin Hobb

Apr 04, 12

Recommended for: Fantasy fans
Read from March 31 to April 04, 2012, read count: 1

Despite being a long-time fan of fantasy fiction, Shaman's Crossing is the first Robin Hobb novel that I've read, so I can't say how this compares to her other works. However, I can say that, despite its length, Shaman's Crossing made for quite engrossing reading. I'm usually a fast reader, but it took me four days to finish this, which is longer than my usual book completion time; however, I didn't give up because I wanted to know what happened next. Shaman's Crossing wouldn't work as a standalone novel; the story by itself is incomplete, but I'm sure Ms. Hobb will flesh out the story fully as the trilogy continues. The only problems I had with this novel were some profanity and a rather unnecessary scene that involved a séance of some sort. Will I get my hands on the sequels as soon as possible? Maybe; I do have plenty of other books that have been sitting on my shelves or in my bins for a while that I need to finish first. Still, at some point, I will read the other two installments in the Soldier's Son trilogy.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shaman's Crossing.

03/31/2012 page 132
22.0% "I am at the start of chapter six."