Paul's Reviews > Catching Fire

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

Mar 31, 12

Read in March, 2012

I'm undecided as to whether Catching Fire is a better story than The Hunger Games. The story felt rushed at times, and I wanted to know a little more about the other victorious Tributes that the information given. I also found myself wanting to know a little more about President Snow and the Capital.

Given the length of this book is almost identical to the first, I wonder if this is a conscious choice of the author -- perhaps there is a desire to keep this story on a pace similar to that of the first. That's not necessarily a bad thing, though it may not be a good thing to have the reader consciously thinking about after reading the story. While the pacing of the story has its benefits, I wouldn't have minded just a little backstory about a few of the characters. Then again, the first person narrative might make this difficult, too.

These concerns do not outweigh this trilogy being, so far, a fun read. I'm dutifully diving into the conclusion which, if the first two books are any indication, will be finished in the next couple of days.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Catching Fire.