Adelaide's Reviews > Magic Study

Magic Study by Maria V. Snyder

Apr 03, 12

bookshelves: fantasy-paranormal, friendship, romance

Despite Magic Study being the second book, it was actually the first book I've read out of the Study Triology. Magic Study just happened to be on the new-books shelf I had been sitting beside in my high school library.

This book can be read as both a standalone and a part of a series. Unlike most standalones in a series, Magic Study makes enough references to Poison Study that I'm aware of the main points in the first book, even though I haven't read it yet.

Magic Study was so interesting that, even though I knew what happened in Poison Study, I just had to read the latter, even though that meant waiting for days for the person who borrowed it to return the book.

Back then, the third book Fire Study wasn't out yet. But I made sure that I borrowed the book as soon as it was avaiable in the library. Fortunately for me, I didn't have to wait long.

All three books are written well, and most of the characters are well-developed. It was hard to put the books down. Although both adventure and romance play a large role in the series, neither overshadowed the other, unlike in some other books. Rather, they complimented each other and made the story more interested.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Magic Study.