Danna's Reviews > No Death, No Fear

No Death, No Fear by Thich Nhat Hanh

Aug 17, 2008

Read in November, 2008

Beautiful! I found that if I read a whole lot of chapters in one sitting as I usually do when I read, it seemed repetitive and could be viewed as not much different than dime-store self-help fodder as some Goodreads reviewers have noted. Instead, I discovered it's best to approach this as a book of meditations. Read one chapter, slowly, and let it resonate with you for a while before moving on. A chapter a day would be a good method. When taken in that context, the repetitive nature of his metaphors makes much more sense and is so much more fulfilling. It's fascinating and comforting to see how this spiritual philosophy fits so nicely with scientific principles, chiefly that energy is neither created nor destroyed, it simply changes form. One would hope this would make such a beautiful and peaceful philosophy more accessible to others. I've always been fond of the notion that life is an expression of the universe trying to understand itself by fracturing into many forms in order to explore all that is possible. Regardless of your religious views, if we could all at least recognize that everything is interconnected, that we never exist in isolation, how much better the world would be!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read No Death, No Fear.

07/17/2016 marked as: read