Timetoread's Reviews > The Iron Daughter

The Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Iron Daughter.

Quotes Timetoread Liked

Julie Kagawa
“You ran a light anyway, dickhead!”

Julie Kagawa
“She pulled up Ash's shirt, revealing a layer of gauze that was just beginning to seep blood onto the mattress. "At least the bandaging was done properly," she mused. "Very nice, clean work. Your handiwork, I presume, Goodfellow?"
"Which one?"
"The bandage, Robin."
"Yeah, that was mine, too.”

Julie Kagawa
“Why am I so drawn to you?" He muttered, almost to himself. "Why is it so hard to let go? I thought... at first... it was Ariella, that you remind me of so much. But it's not." Though he didn't smile, his eyes lightened a shade. "You're far more stubborn than she ever was."
I sniffed. "That's like the pot calling the kettle black," I whispered, and a faint, tiny grin finally crossed his face, before his expression clouded and he lowered his head, touching his forehead to mine. "What do you want of me, Meghan?" he asked, a low thread of anguish flickering below the surface.

Tears blurred my vision, all the fear and heartache of the past few days rising to the surface. "Just you," I whispered. "I just want you."

-Ash and Meghan”

Julie Kagawa
“You look like crap, prince. Did you miss me?"

-Puck”

Julie Kagawa
“How is Oberon these days? Still being henpecked by that basilisk of a wife?"
"Don't insult the basilisk...”

Julie Kagawa
“I'm not going to lose you again."
"SHE IS RIGHT."
We looked up. Ironhorse stood on the other side of the glass, watching us. His eyes glowed red in the darkness. "IT IS TOO DANGEROUS. FOR YOU."
I frowned. "What are you talking-"
"PRINCESS." Abruptly, he bowed. "IT HAS BEEN AN HONOR. WERE THINGS DIFFERENT, I WOULD GLADLY SERVE YOU UNTIL THE END OF TIME." He looked at Ash and nodded, as it suddenly dawned on me what he was implying. "SHE THINKS THE WORLD OF YOU, PRINCE. PROTECT HER WITH YOUR LIFE.”