Natalie's Reviews > Seeds of Rebellion

Seeds of Rebellion by Brandon Mull

Mar 31, 12

bookshelves: young-adult, fantasy-magic
Read in March, 2012, read count: 1

By the end I was almost ready to give this book five stars. The concluding chapter packed a powerful emotional punch.

I think what I love most about Brandon Mull's books is that it's easily believable. There is no wasted space on boring histories of the world, Lyrian just...is. It exists, Jason and Rachel are there, displacers, manglers, Edomic....it all seems perfectly natural. I felt like I understood the world perfectly. Sometimes fantasy series spend so much time trying to explain the world, that the story is lost. Brandon Mull never has that problem.

Also, I honestly don't know how this series will end. I'm scared for the third book because I've grown to love so many of the characters that I don't want them to die. I'm hoping that Brandon Mull doesn't choose to make it needlessly tragic. From the way Fablehaven concluded, I don't think he will, but I'm still a little nervous.

I like the subtle lessons that we learn in this book. It's not dogmatic or lecturing at all, but it's a story of heroes, people who consistently put the welfare of all above their own. People who live for a higher purpose and sacrifice much for it. Jason and Rachel knew nothing of this world and yet chose to remain to help them. In a world that is full of entitlement and seeking personal satsifaction, it is a good reminder about what is most important.

I think Brandon Mull is a fanstastic writer and I appreciate that his books appeal to boys and girls. I'm excited for the final installment in this series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Seeds of Rebellion.