Greta is Erikasbuddy's Reviews > The Coven

The Coven by Cate Tiernan

Apr 01, 12

bookshelves: i-love-my-library, sunny-says
Read from March 31 to April 01, 2012

ZOMG WHAT A FREAKING AWESOME ENDING!!

I can't believe it ended like that! It makes me want to squee, sceam, and gasp!

Can I get at "tre' awesome" in the house?

"COVEN" picks up where "Book of Shadows" left off.

Morgan passed out, Cal picks her up, smoochy boochy, you're a blood witch.

But how is Morgan a blood witch? And what is a blood witch?

A blood witch is a person who is born with witch parents.

But Morgan's parents are like Dagwood and Blondie. Totally not very witchy. There is totally no Samantha or Endora going on in that bloodline.

And that's when she learns the truth. Morgan brings it up to Mom and Daddy and they are like "ummm... what you talkin' 'bout?"

And Morgan jokes, "What? Am I adopted or something?"

And the cat is let out of the bag. I mean... the black cat is let out of the cauldren!

Morgan is totally adopted! Mom and Dad adopted her when she was just an infant.

In the book "Coven" we learn about Morgan's real mom, glimpse into her Book of Shadows, and discover just how strong a witch Morgan is going to be.

We also have a bit more sexual tension between her and Cal, a fight between Morgan and her parents (which I kind of thought was off the wall but I guess it makes for a good storyline), a couple of boob touches (so parents beware!), and Bree and Raven are getting closer together.

OH! And then we get introduced to a new person. Who is she? It is yet to be revealed but I can already tell she's going to be bad news.

At just 184 pages this book totally kept my attention. Even though Morgan sometimes seems like a bit of a whiner I am still fascinated by what is going on and am able to look past her little fits.

These are definitely my cup of bat tea!
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Coven.

03/31/2012 page 70
38.0% "I kinda feel that Morgan is taking the news a bit too much like a drama queen. But I'm super curious what the reasoning is why her parents didn't tell her. THere has to be a reasoning to this overreaction."

Greta is Erikasbuddy I'm on the 2nd book right now. I'll probably attempt to read it all :)