Fiona Marsden's Reviews > The Sicilian's Defiant Mistress

The Sicilian's Defiant Mistress by Jane Porter

Mar 31, 12

Recommended to Fiona by: Author name
Recommended for: Liking angsty dark heroes.
Read on March 31, 2012 — I own a copy, read count: 1

There was an aspect to this book that normally would make me run a mile but it was handled so well and the Hero Maximos, suffered so much for his mistakes that it just made me love him more. This was a heart breaker from the very first page. The heroine was shattered by the breakup with Maximos and her reasons for coming and confronting Maximos were as confused as her emotions. It was obvious that both of them harboured strong feelings for each other even after six months apart. How they were ever to have their happy ending though with so many problems, secrets and lies to keep them apart was enough to have nail bitingly high emotions in the reader. The resolution, a requirement and the only thing that gets us through the emotional angst, was very satisfying.
I don't think it is spoiling anything to say that what pushed this into five star territory for me was the heroes faithfulness to the heroine while they were apart. And vice versa of course.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Sicilian's Defiant Mistress.