Purple's Reviews > The Shadow Reader

The Shadow Reader by Sandy Williams

2191417
Apr 11, 12

bookshelves: girlpower, romance, series, uf
Read from April 08 to 12, 2012

I've read several first book in a series that's

A. The heroine is flocked by boy 1, boy 2, and boy 3. But she holds her own and didn't choose anyone.
B. The heroine is going steady with boy 1 but had a fall out by the end of the book, she had boy 2 in book 2 (but she had a fall out with this one too by the time of book 3 and went back to boy 2). gotta love this girl :-)
C. With The Shadow Reader, the heroine was in love and lust with boy 1 for an insane 10 years and the feeling was mutual although nothing has been acted upon by boy 1. And out the blue came boy 2 whom she picks over boy 1 in a span of say.... 10 days maybe?

Now that was just crazy, infuriating, unreasonable. But that is just me. I mean after saying goodbye, sorry-but-you-are-too-late to your first love in a minute after waiting for him for ten years, then running straight into the arms of boy 2 faster than you can say meh...Wow. Girl you recover fast. Seriously.

I wish the author had waited for the wounds to heal, you know? Until, say, the next book? I just sympathize with boy one. I wasn' t rooting for him really. I just believe the decision to choose boy 2 was rushed.

This clearly is a love story. I just didn't like it. But hey three stars since it took me to the highest floor then dropped me for the adrenaline rush. Crash. Boom. Bang.

P.S.
Legolas was in this book. B-)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Shadow Reader.