Kim's Reviews > Baby, Let's Make a Baby: Plus Ten More Stories

520753
Aug 17, 2008

bookshelves: goodread-authors, short-stories
Read in November, 2008

I wrote a review for this... almost four whole paragraphs, it had words like fallible, disquiet, and weightiness and I realized that it just plain out sucked.

It comes down to this. It's all gibberish and it doesn't do this collection justice. See, even that sentence is just plain dumb.

The right words are failing me lately...whether it be exhaustion, stress, major inferiority complex issues, or all of the above, I don't know.

I finished the last story at 4:30am, Saturday night. I didn't read them in order, I'm like that.

They were all wonderful. I cried during Complicity, I loved Baby, Let's Make a Baby and the last story I read... Down in the Flood, well.. I've scrawled this passage on a sticky note and pinned it to the wall above my desk:

"When you get right down to it, there's not that many stories to separate folk. There's the love and there's the hurt, and everything else is a shade of inbetween."

I really have nothing more to say except: Thanks, Kirk. ;)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Baby, Let's Make a Baby.

message 1: by Amanda (new) - added it

Amanda I delete reviews and start over all the time. No worries pretty lady! THIS review is lovely!

Are you sleeping yet? Sleep. Sleeeeep.

message 2: by Kim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kim I'm on hour 14 of a 20 hour shift, so no... no sleep. :(

I miss you, Mands...

You should read these stories... they're SOOOO good and the characters aren't um... nearly as fucked in the head as the ones in Breathing out the Ghost

message 3: by Kim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kim Oh, and I also cried at the dedication. Did you know Kirk's son did the photography? How cool is that???

message 4: by Amanda (new) - added it

Amanda Awwwww, I didn't know that! Oh, that's sooo sweet!

I didn't realize you were STILL working! Poor Kim. I miss you, too, my love. I was wondering where you've been for the last couple days. Now I know...

Michelle I want to read it!