Gemma Jackson's Reviews > Balthazar

Balthazar by Claudia Gray

Apr 08, 12

Read from March 30 to April 01, 2012

I loved the fact that the storyline has continued to flow although it isn't following the same characters. Unlike the earlier ones, written from Bianca's perspective and of course who could forget Lucas?! well, good old Balty got his chance to shine with what soon becomes love interest Skye. Okay so Skye?! FROM THE EARLIER BOOK!! WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT!! now I'm not a spoiler because the blurb actually introduces it first... but what was cool is how the perspective changed from Skye to Balthazar smoothly and then to a third party perspective; something many authors struggle with.

Awesome ending, however I really hope there isn't another book after this I feel it may be simply stretching it a bit far. I just don't want this series to be ruined by poor quality irrelevant books following. Personally I think the series still could have ended before Afterlife (cliff-hanger ending!). But hey, still a good book :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Balthazar.

03/30/2012 page 41
11.0% "I just started reading this today. I'm so glad that Balty has his own book now! I loved him so much earlier on in the series. I found that I could also relate to Skye (well so far). Both factors are making this really enjoyable :) but it can never really beat my love for the first book..."