Kristina's Reviews > Hearts of Darkness

bookshelves: review, arc, signed
Read from August 06 to 11, 2012

What I Loved
Paranormal
Lots of shape shifters and magic that the vast majority of the public doesn't know about.
Location
Love it when books are located in Seattle, my home state. Love being able to say I have been there to that location they are mentioning. Seattle is also the best location due to us being a natural hot spot for paranormal activity. (You can see a picture of mine I took when I went to Gas Works Park, mentioned in the book.)
Story
Fantastic! Perfect amount of romance with an awesome amount of paranormal creatures and happenings. The story was filled with adventure and mystery, never a dull moment in the whole book.
Characters
Kayla: She is a fun personality, I really enjoyed her character. She doesn't fall apart easy and stays relatively strong considering what she has to deal with the death of her sister.
Hart: The social reject, got to love him. He is perfect for Kayla and I adore his weakness he develops around her.

Didn't Like Figuring Out
It took me a chapter or two to figure out what type of paranormal parameters this world has. I didn't read the prequel before I read this one, I do plan on reading it one day. But as any new book goes, I figured it out soon enough.

Recommendation
Fantastic read for those who read and love paranormal romance.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hearts of Darkness.

08/08/2012 page 110