Yolanda Sfetsos's Reviews > The Walking Dead, Vol. 04: The Heart's Desire

The Walking Dead, Vol. 04 by Robert Kirkman

Mar 31, 12

bookshelves: comic-book-graphic-novel, zombies
Read on March 31, 2012

The fourth volume of The Walking Dead includes issues 19-24, and introduces the popular character Michonne. Although her sword-wielding intro is pretty awesome, I wasn't so impressed with her after she starts living inside the jail with the others. I'm hoping that her character develops a lot during the course of the series.

Anyway. About this installment--awesome, violent, unexpected, and still shocking. Just when you think things can't get any worse, they do. Friendships are tested, relationships fall apart, new ones begin... it's all here. I also liked how the group is now starting a conversation about the walking dead outside the fence, and also realise that they're not much different. The world has been reduced to a pack of animals doing the best they can to exist.

This is a study into what happens--and what people are capable of doing, as well as how easy it is to slip into total insanity--when there aren't any real laws and rules of society to follow.

Still really enjoying this series!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Walking Dead, Vol. 04.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Arthur I totally agree with you on Michonne, she's just a walking shadow for now. I hope to see more action involving her as I continue reading the series. Besides that, everything is just thrilling and I hope it continues to be that way!

Yolanda Sfetsos Arthur wrote: "I totally agree with you on Michonne, she's just a walking shadow for now. I hope to see more action involving her as I continue reading the series. Besides that, everything is just thrilling and I..."

Yes, she definitely becomes a much more interesting character. She's badass. I really like her now. And the series continues to thrill, amaze, and shock me!

message 3: by Beth (new)