Dandy's Reviews > The Creative Family: How to Encourage Imagination and Nurture Family Connections

The Creative Family by Amanda Blake Soule

Apr 11, 12

bookshelves: 2012
Read from March 30 to April 11, 2012

3.5 stars. This is a great book with creative, intentional and meaningful activities to do with your children. The emphasis is on natural living, making memories and developing an environment that fuels every day creativity in your children. I checked this out from the library and now plan on buying it so that I can refer back to this again and again as my Peanut grows older.

You'd think with such a positive review I would have rated it higher. I wanted to rate it higher actually but there seemed to be a disconnect between the author and I. I couldn't quite relate to her, although I respect her parenting emphasis. I thought the book lacked the bit of humor and candor that it needed to make it relatable to most families... or maybe just to me :) Although the activities are fun, the reading is informative but not exactly fun.

I would suggest this book with just a warning that it reads like a list of activities for children (which it is) in a very straight and serious way.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Creative Family.