Sam at A Journey Through Pages's Reviews > Jinx

Jinx by Meg Cabot

Mar 30, 12

Read in March, 2012

Review from A Journey Through Pages

Meg Cabot and I… I have an interesting thought process whenever I see a Meg Cabot book, part of me wants to read it so bad and the other part wants me to avoid it at all costs. I cannot really explain it, but it might something to do with the fact that she usually tends to lean towards plots I have no interest in reading and plots that I find insanely interesting. Also I'm a huge fan of the Mediator series. So on a whim at the library (a thing that happens quite often) I went: Okay Sam pick it off the shelf, sounds interesting maybe you'll like it. I do that a lot, you'll hear the story about me giving a book a chance because it's a library book.

This book was both enjoyable and confusing. I found the plot enjoyable and the environment and whole idea. I also found the prose enjoyable. The confusing part was Jinx herself. Other than something that happens in the beginning and that it is her nickname she never felt especially "Jinx-y". I also could never figure out her motivation and it would miff me that she seemed to no nothing at some points and know everything at other points.

It is a good fluff read, however, and I personally adore the villain of Tory and her drive.

(More to Review in Blog)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Jinx.