~V~'s Reviews > Knight

Knight by Kristen Ashley

May 26, 12

bookshelves: contemporary-romance
Read from April 12 to 14, 2012

Wow..ok..well i will start out by saying that i've only read Kristen Ashley's Dream Man series and i LOVED IT! It was sooooo good...for me, every single one of them! Apparently this book is quite a departure from what KA is known to write and for the most part, i had no problems with it...i really enjoyed it!

I think first, i'll start out by listing the couple things (and it really is only a couple)i had a problem with, which mostly had to do with Knight. It was pretty much the things that came out of his mouth...

...i didn't love how he was constantly talking in 3rd person (or at least what i think is considered 3rd person?) when using the word "baby"...
(view spoiler)

..the list could go on and on cuz he said it ALL THE TIME...when Anya was standing right in front of him!! LOL! It was just a little weird? I LOVE it when men call their women baby..i just didn't like how he used it in that way..and like i said..it was a lot!!

..the other thing that i didn't love was the "daddy" thing!..
(view spoiler)

i'm sorry...but eeeewwwww!!...when any of those sexual things are happening that word should not be uttered!! LOL! Now i'm really not trying to "knock" other people's sexual preferences in the bdrm..i realize that some people really like that..i just personally don't find it to be sexy at all. When it was first used, in the book, it didn't bother me but then it was, again, all the time and a little much.

Now, having said all that, one might think i didn't care for this book which is really not the case!! Aside from the things that came out of Knights mouth..including the word c*nt...i HATE that word and HE loves it cuz he said it all the time!..for me that's just kind of a crude and crass word but along with the other things he said it did NOT keep me from loving the book.

I actually LOVED Knight (the guy)! He was, at times, a little bit over the top possessive but still oh so yummy!! I loved how sweet he was with Anya...how he wanted to take care of her and wanted to give her the life she was cheated out of....he truly loved her..and there is nothing sweeter than that! I loved that he rocked the yummy suits w/ the colored dress shirts...very sexy!! but he also wore worn out jeans with a heavy metal band t-shirt on his days off..again...sexy as hell!!

I also really really liked Anya...she was no whiny, weak, damsel in distress, yet she also wasn't some kick-*ss heroine...she was just an extremely likeable character. Sometimes you read a book and the heroine will do something stupid and unbelievable..something that makes you scratch your head and wonder what she was thinking..but i don't think that ever happened once with Anya...she knew what she wanted and what she was doing (at all times)..she was smart about all the choices she made and she wasn't ever dramatic about anything. She was perfect!

I can see why there might have been some people who didn't love this book. There were certainly moments that pushed me to my limits of what i care for in the books i read and in the hero..but there is just something about how Kristen Ashley tells a story...the drama, the emotion, the relationships (loved Anya and Viv's friendship)..she's just a flat-out great storyteller, so much so that i really have a hard time putting her books down. And i have to say it, as i've said it before..she writes the best damn epilogues EVER!!! She doesn't ever leave you hanging...there is always that extra little bit in the end to make her HEAs soo sigh worthy!!!

I will most definitely be reading the other books in this series as they come out and i will FOR SURE be reading more Kristen Ashly books period!! :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Knight.

04/12/2012 "I'm finally starting this..YAY! :)"
04/13/2012
16.0% "So can anyone of my lovely friends who've read this tell me what the heck Anya looks like!!?? Sometimes i hate the whole "1st person" narrative cuz they don't always describe themselves! :( It really bothers me not knowing what someone looks like..esp. the main characters!" 7 comments

dateDown_arrow    newest »

~V~ ❀ Sharon ❀ wrote: "LOL @ the Daddy comments!"

Haha!..i know!! ;)

Leslie Very nice review, V!! I gain a little more knowledge with each review and yours was one of them!! Well done, my friend!

~V~ Leslie wrote: "Very nice review, V!! I gain a little more knowledge with each review and yours was one of them!! Well done, my friend!"

Thank you Leslie!! :)

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter LOL Great review, V!! If you want to read erotic stories then you will have to get used to the word c*nt. Sorry, my dear, but that's a fact.
About your eeeewwww issue...I agree!

message 6: by ~V~ (last edited Apr 14, 2012 12:33PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

~V~ Baba wrote: "LOL Great review, V!! If you want to read erotic stories then you will have to get used to the word c*nt. Sorry, my dear, but that's a fact.
About your eeeewwww issue...I agree!"

Thanks Baba..oh, and i know!! I'm actually a fan of quite a few of Lora Leigh's series..especially her Breeds and she uses that word OFTEN!! LOL! Again..if the story is really good it's obv. something i can overlook! :)

Leslie ~V~ wrote: "Baba wrote: "LOL Great review, V!! If you want to read erotic stories then you will have to get used to the word c*nt. Sorry, my dear, but that's a fact.
About your eeeewwww issue...I agree!"

Than..."

V, check out Laura Kaye's books, too!! Hot, hotter, and burning the freak up!!! Don't you agree, Baba??

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Leslie wrote: " ~V~ wrote: "Baba wrote: "LOL Great review, V!! If you want to read erotic stories then you will have to get used to the word c*nt. Sorry, my dear, but that's a fact.
About your eeeewwww issue...I ..."

I only read Hearts in Darkness. But it was steamy yet very sweet and emotional. Loved it! I haven't read her other books because I do not read PNR.

message 9: by Leslie (last edited Apr 14, 2012 12:46PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Leslie She's written quite a few...and Hearts in Darkness and Forever Freed are both ones I've read and LOVED!!!

Leslie Yes, Baba...I remember your not loving PNR. I'm starting to love other genres more as well, but I still love a good vamp story and FF is a great one!!

~V~ Leslie wrote: " ~V~ wrote: "Baba wrote: "LOL Great review, V!! If you want to read erotic stories then you will have to get used to the word c*nt. Sorry, my dear, but that's a fact.
About your eeeewwww issue...I ..."

Oh!..i'll def. check those out..thanks Leslie! :)

~V~ Is Hearts in Darkness the elevator one you sent out a recommendation for? That's not PNR right?

Leslie ~V~ wrote: "Leslie wrote: " ~V~ wrote: "Baba wrote: "LOL Great review, V!! If you want to read erotic stories then you will have to get used to the word c*nt. Sorry, my dear, but that's a fact.
About your eeee..."

You're welcome...she's a great storyteller and a her stories are, HOT!!

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter ~V~ wrote: "Is Hearts in Darkness the elevator one you sent out a recommendation for? That's not PNR right?"

Yes, V, the elevator novella (NOT PNR)!

Leslie Oh yes...thanks, Baba...I didn't answer that one, did I? Btw, Baba...have you read Inez Kelley's, Sweet as Sin? Exceptional and HOT read!!

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Leslie wrote: "Oh yes...thanks, Baba...I didn't answer that one, did I? Btw, Baba...have you read Inez Kelley's, Sweet as Sin? Exceptional and HOT read!!"

Yes, Leslie, I did read it. It was a wonderful story and very hawt!

Anne OK Great review, V! Lots of interesting chatter going around. I agree with you that Kristen Ashley is a first-rate storyteller and her epilogues are off-the-charts!

~V~ Thanks Anne! I love what i've read of her books so far and yep...best epilogues!!! ;)

Becs Great review V - you must try the Colorado Mountain series. They're as steamy as the Mystery Man series IMO. :-)

~V~ Thanks Becs!...and i JUST started The Gamble! :)

message 21: by P.A. (new) - rated it 1 star

P.A. Lupton I didn't see your review before. LOL I didn't like the baby thing from Knight either but I figured I picked on him enough in my review. I can see where people like the book I just couldn't get past those things you said. Great review. Well said.

~V~ Thanks PA!...and yeah...those were pretty major things...not sure why i still gave it 4 stars..i think it's because i do really like KA's storytelling...i like her characters, for the most part anyways, and her epilogues are great! :)

message 23: by Taryn at My Secret Romance (last edited Apr 29, 2012 04:51PM) (new) - added it

Taryn at My Secret Romance I like your review, V! The spoilers you put in were really funny and I would have to agree with you on them. I wouldn't like that either. You know what sold me though? The way you described Knight's clothes and how he dresses...yum!

message 24: by ~V~ (last edited Apr 29, 2012 04:53PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

~V~ Haha..thanks Taryn. Had those couple things not been a part of this story it would have def. been a 5 star for me cuz like i've said...i DO really like how KA tells a story and her characters. I'm also kind of a sucker for all the over bearing alpha males, which she writes very well! ;)

Wicked ♥  (Wickedly Bookish Reviews) aka Bat-Jess I was debating back and forth whether I wanted to buy this one or not, but your review really sold it to me. :-) Thanks for the great review!

~V~ Jess ♥ Wickedly Bookish (Bat-Jess) wrote: "I was debating back and forth whether I wanted to buy this one or not, but your review really sold it to me. :-) Thanks for the great review!"

Hope you enjoy it Jess! :)

Annie I read this recently and keep thinking back on it. Might need to re-read