Tammara's Reviews > Slammed

Slammed by Colleen Hoover

Apr 16, 12

Read from April 08 to 11, 2012

If you're in a reading slump, and you want to try something genuinely unique, unlike anything else out there - here's your book. It sneaks up on you, starting out with one girl (Layken) missing one parent (check). Add quirky little brother (check) and an unwanted move cross country, because of a parental job transfer (check). She arrives at her new destination, and immediately meets cute, charming guy (Will - double check).

What you don't realize is that this is the end of what you expected. You're about to be sucked into a vortex of slam poetry and Avett Brothers lyrics - one or both of which you may not have ever heard of, and you might therefore assume (as I assumed about vodka + Red Bull shots and the dueling piano bar last weekend) that you won't like it. I was wrong, and so are you.

I honestly don't want to tell you any more. Just go read it already. And when you hit that point at about 20% or so that makes you go, "OMFG!" - that's your departure point, right there. Strap in and put your trey in the upright position. Oh, and prepare to buy the sequel (which is out now - lucky you!), because you're gonna want it. As. Soon. As. You. Finish. Reading.
83 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Slammed.

Yani i really liked this one you should totally read it!

message 2: by Tammara (new) - added it

Tammara I'm reading it now! It's great so far - I wish I had MORE READING TIME. :)

Alexis *Reality Bites* Goodread!! Love your thoughts on this!!!

Jodi reading it based on your review!! i can't wait.

Autumn Review Starting it tonight!

Brittany I stopped reading 30 pages in and ordered the sequel! Amazing book!

Samreen i will read based on your review keeping in mind that i really enjoyed ready Hopeless

Lisa I couldn't have said it better myself! AMAZING!