Jennifer's Reviews > How Starbucks Saved My Life: A Son of Privilege Learns to Live Like Everyone Else

How Starbucks Saved My Life by Michael Gates Gill

Mar 30, 12

Read from March 15 to 30, 2012

Lately, I have not had much time to read for fun. At my most recent Toastmaster's meeting (which are held at my local library), I saw this on the shelf and picked it up so I could have something to "read" while I was driving around.

As memoirs go, this one does not offer much more in the 3rd, 8th or 10th chapter than it gave out in the first chapter. Man with charmed life is knocked down and his job at Starbucks picks him up and gives him a whole new appreciation for how the rest of us live.

I kept reading though, not because the writing was particularly good, but because this 7 disk book was a fascinating look into the Starbucks retail corporate culture.

I would not put this on any one's must read list, unless you are interested in knowing more about the coffee power-house's policies, training program and store operations. Then...and only then, is it worth a read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read How Starbucks Saved My Life.