Brianna's Reviews > Inescapable

Mar 30, 12

bookshelves: angels, fantasy-romance, omigod-awesome
Read in March, 2012

let's see...
Well, i must say that i wasn't sure if i'd like this book. Really? Another angel book? And her being half angel is just....cliche, right?
But i was pleasantly surprised to find that it is not so.
Wow. I never thought the book would be that good. I mean--it totally gave me a different outlook on angels. Plus, this book wasn't easy to plan out. Like, i couldn't always figure out what came next. Like i thought that Russell was a demon from Hell for several chapters until Reed resolved that. I also never suspected mr. alfred. Not on my life. I also liked that she was descriptive--really descriptive. She wasn't afraid to write out the gore in those last few scenes in the 7-11, which was great. Also, the love triangle blew me away. I know, the love triangle is now like a staple in romantic books, but this one really raised the standards. I mean, soul mates are usually what end up together, but in this one, Evie's fighting against it.
Everything about this book was different, and it made it much more exciting. I loved that she and her uncle had a good relationship--that was something that most books don't display. I believe that i really realized that i liked evie when she pulled out the stun gun. that was a really funny and cute scene.
Oh, the last surprise i really liked was Brownnie and Buns, really! How could anyone have ever known who they were.
Excellent and can't wait for the next one.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Inescapable.