Anna Tee (The Bursting Bookshelf)'s Reviews > The Fault in Our Stars

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

Jun 27, 12

bookshelves: favorites
Read on April 20, 2012

I promise, I'm going to keep this review short. I honestly don't believe that I could ever do it justice in a review, so I'll try to be quick. Upon hearing some of the biggest and best hype for a book that I've ever heard, I decided to pick it up and give it a fair shot. I hadn't even read a John Green book before (I know, crazy, right?) but I had to see what all the fuss was about. Half a box of tissues later and I had discovered one of my new favorite books (only tied with the Hunger Games) and a brand new author to enjoy. I loved the book to pieces, it just had everything going for it; amazingly well thought out characters, a plot that didn't tip toe around real life trials with cancer and stellar writing to back the entire thing up. The main characters were Hazel and Augustus. Neither were anywhere near perfect, but it was their imperfections that made them so perfect to read about. The secondary characters were amazing too, they were written as well as the main characters and weren't ever lacking in characteristics or background stories. The characters also had their own habits and mannerisms that made them more realistic and enjoyable.

As I said before, the writing was gorgeous. It was well thought out and amazing. The plot never truly stopped, it continued moving, but it wasn't action in the physical sense, it was in the emotional sense. The character fights were against death and cancer, some won, others didn't. It was the author's fearlessness with his characters was great as well, he used them in ways that will pull any readers heartstrings with ease. Words cannot properly convey how much I love this book. I would recommend this book to anyone. Just anyone, especially those who are looking for a powerful read. I give it an infinite score- I honestly cannot give it a regular score due to how much I love it.
1 like · likeflag

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Austin This was my first John Green book too! :D Awesome review! I finished this book on Monday, and I have to say it was very good!
–A

Anna  Tee (The Bursting Bookshelf) Thanks for commenting :) I just loved it, glad you did too!