Dinjolina's Reviews > The Good Father

The Good Father by Diane Chamberlain

Could this be sorted as chick lit? Hmmmm.
*ponders*
I think not, because of the distinct male voice and POV. But it had a calming form of the old chick lit novels - the ones that made you angsty during the ride but ultimately fuzzy and warn.

Yes, it’s a fuzzy and warm life story. Sure, it had horrible points, broken harts, burnt dreams, ripped lives…but in the end, it lived up to it’s permanently hopeful theme.
How?
Well, during the most bleak of times, I believed in this author and her ability to make the future go a different, better way for my hero and heroine.
Also, both of them had their love interest, making this book at first glance a life novel, but at a second- deeper one- a novel about unlikely friendships. The main protagonist were just two beautifully written characters whose souls touch in the overwhelming and never-ending fabric of life.
Their experiences, feeling, and ultimate healings was fabulously written and had me glued to the pages.

Would I recommend this book? Yes.
I would also tell you to read it on a gloomy day. One of those when nothing is going your way.
Why?
Because it will make you think about how even in the toughest situations, better luck is just around the corner. Go! Catch it!

Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Good Father.