Samantha's Reviews > Burnt Offerings

Burnt Offerings by Laurell K. Hamilton

Apr 03, 2012

Read from March 30 to April 03, 2012

I liked this book better than the last couple of Anitas. Although I gotta admit, I am getting REALLY sick of Richard. He's a total dweeb, for lack of a better word. Or maybe it's just how Anita is around him, I don't know, but something's gotta give. Richard needs to get over Anita cheating on him (after all, he agreed to the double dating, he knew how Anita felt, and even though he hates his beast and abhors it he forces Anita to do what he can't and embrace it?). Then he and Anita either to have sex or he needs to die - according to hints from my friend who's read the whole series, the former is more likely.

I also don't like Anita's attitude, and I haven't since the first book. She's too god squad for me in the sex department and it doesn't mesh with her quick trigger finger and lack of remorse for random killings (which is why I LOVE her and continue to read). Luckily, this book starts to let her morality slide and I am liking her more and more with each page turn.

And although I find it kind of weirdly intense, I applaud Hamilton for making her weres so touchy feely and naked all the time - it really, really reflects their animalistic side. For example, when all the werewolves are rubbing their faces on her and licking her and stuff, she lets them because although he grosses her out, she knows it's what animals do. And truthfully, if you ever watch a pack of dogs, or wolves, they lay all over each other, clean each others ears, etc. That's how they get affection. So I like that she sticks with that, it's cool.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Burnt Offerings.

03/30/2012 page 220