Jaime (Twisting the Lens)'s Reviews > Au Revoir, Crazy European Chick

Au Revoir, Crazy European Chick by Joe Schreiber

Mar 30, 2012

Read from February 04 to 08, 2013

This one has been on my shelf for some time, mostly ignored, if I am being completely honest. Adventure and espionage is not really my thing, so there was nothing really begging me to read this. Plus, the title is obviously not the best one to come around (although the humor of it becomes instantly more understandable upon reading). However, after several books in a row weighing in at 400-500+ pages, I needed a pallet cleanser, of sorts. So, I grabbed the most slender book on my to-read shelf and gave it a try. What I was expecting was a piece of overly written fluff trying too hard to be in your face with the action and whatnot. What I found was actually very surprising.

Au Revoir was exactly what I needed after all the heavy reading I had been doing. It was fun, exciting, and had great characters that I wound up liking quite a bit. There was a lot more depth and a lot more twists than I thought possible in such a short read. I actually had a hard time putting it down, and finished it in just a couple sittings. It was fun and equally weighty in all the right ways, and I am definitely looking forward to picking up the second in the series, which was released in November. The movie rights have been won by Paramount, but no other details are available yet. This will, however, easily translate to the screen. Although beginning the book began on a whim, continuing the series will be absolutely intentional.

(On a side note, I discovered after reading this, that Joe Schreiber is originally from Portage, MI- just a few miles away from my neck of the woods. This is one Michigander to watch as he moves on up.)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Au Revoir, Crazy European Chick.