Steven Mccarthy's Reviews > Marine Sniper: 93 Confirmed Kills

M_50x66
Mar 30, 12

bookshelves: american-humanities
Read in March, 2012

** spoiler alert ** Marine Sniper is a true story about Sergeant Carlos Hathcock. Hathcock enlisted into the marines at age 17 and went on to become one of the greatest marksmen in the United States Marine Corps. At one part of the book Carlos is with Burke and they are both making there way to Elephant Valley. At Elephant Valley they would sit and shoot NVA’s. After shooting at the NVA’s from a distance in the shadows they take cover. Burke and Hathcock are both sitting there for days shooting at them and killing them. At night when it was all silent if Burke or Hathcock would hear a noise they would call in a illumination to go off to light up the night sky and they would kill NVA’s that were running. Throughout the book it would do flashbacks to when Hathcock was in the United States and go to competitions and win rewards.
I liked this book a lot because I like to read about the military and how life is for them. I think that the author did a great job on this book because it has photos and definitions at the bottom of the page to help people who don’t know things about the military. I also like this book because it tells the story of a great Marksman of the United States Marine Corps. I think that this book was also great because once I started reading it I felt like I couldn’t stop, I wanted to know what would happen next. I think that others should read this but only if they know some of the abbreviations that the military uses. Also if they want to know want the military life is like in other countries.
I give this book a five out of five because I think it was a great read and that adding the meanings of things and pictures made the pictures great.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Marine Sniper.

Comments (showing 1-1)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ms. Landers (new)

Ms. Landers Nice job with the review. Remember the rating and rationale is supposed to be around a paragraph in length.