Katy's Reviews > Touched

Touched by Cyn Balog

Mar 30, 12

Read on March 30, 2012

Man, this book was really hard to read. It wasn't difficult to understand. The beginning was so chaotic, and the whole book was really choppy. I just really struggled to go through it.

And the summary really had me intrigued. I thought it sounded similar to Sherilynn Kenyon's Infinity - hey we even have a Nick, and touching the girl makes the voice go away - and thought it might be better attempt at a really cool concept. But the voice wasn't what I thought it was going to be, and I hadn't realized the "script" was actually a pre-written (well spoken) set of instructions for Nick to follow. Yeah, not so cool anymore. And even the "demonstrations" to Taryn were really cliche and dumb.

I didn't really care for Nick. For a boy, he sure did think a lot. I know that we're getting a glimpse of his mind and with the script, it gets pretty crowded in his head, but geez, he gave me a headache.

And the dialogue was pretty bad. If someone yelled out loud associating me with STD in anyway - even if it saves me from being unwillingly hit on - I would be really angry, not shrug and smile at the person. And this part was especially bad. (view spoiler)

I guess the story was okay, but with it being the way it was written and with characters I did not care for, I was just ready for it to be over, which is sad because it wasn't very long to begin with.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Touched.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ira (new) - rated it 2 stars

Ira I know how you feel -___- I am currently reading it and thinking of maybe stopping :))

message 2: by Katy (new) - rated it 1 star

Katy LOL, I fell asleep once, and I tried picking it up again on three more occasions. Finally, I just made myself do a quick read through because I really was already more than halfway through, and the book wasn't really that long (but boy did it feel long for a rather short book). :/

message 3: by Bodea (new) - added it

Bodea Ugh, nooooooooooo! Lol, I am so looking forward to this.

message 4: by Katy (new) - rated it 1 star

Katy I couldn't stand her style. But if you like her style, MAYBE you'll like it too?

Word Traffic Lol. She writes books that are difficult to like. Still, I'm curious about this one.

message 6: by Bodea (last edited Mar 31, 2012 12:10PM) (new) - added it

Bodea Katy Book Corner wrote: "I couldn't stand her style. But if you like her style, MAYBE you'll like it too?"

Maybe. I've only read Starstruck, but I do like her writing style. We shall see ::fingerscrossed::.