Emily's Reviews > Kissing Shakespeare

Kissing Shakespeare by Pamela Mingle

Aug 09, 12

bookshelves: 2012, for-review, arc, own, historical-fiction, review, really-liked, ya-romance, young-adult
Read from July 25 to August 03, 2012

*A copy was provided by Delacorte Press for review purposes*

This book was a huge surprise for me. I’m not a huge fan of time travel or historical fiction, and having the two combined had me a little nervous. But I could tell from page on that I was going to enjoy this book. First off, Mingle got right into the story, not messing around at all. From then on, it was amazing. I loved that it was different. It was exciting throughout and funny at times. Mingle did a great job of staging the events throughout the book, and it was fun to read because I was able to figure out who the bad guy was. I loved the ending, although it was really sad. The speech was really eloquent and the writing was superb. Also, I really want a second book, because I seriously need to find out what happens with Stephen and Miranda.

Spoiler [After reading the summery, I thought that Miranda was going to fall in love with Shakespeare. However, I’m glad it was Stephen instead]. Stephen was so nice and caring and cute and just perfect. I hated how he kept on pushing Miranda away though. I can kind of understand why he would, but it still kind of irritated me.
And, to complete it, I really liked Miranda. She was funny, spunky, annoying at times (in a good way) and just a perfect main character. I loved how she stood up for herself and it was really funny to see her talking in the modern way compared to how Stephen talked in the old-fashioned way.

If all books from this genre are like this one, I will love all of them. This book was a breath of fresh air for me, seeing as how I usually read paranormal books. But this one will stand out more for its uniqueness and amazingness. :P
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kissing Shakespeare.

07/25/2012 page 30